PROJECT MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
Leading projects is a great way to showcase your talents. It is an opportunity to hone your leadership skills. And it is a critical platform to prove how you add value to the organization.
Which means you need to excel. You need to be a great project manager.
That sounds daunting. Let’s just add a little more anxiety into our work life. Yes, and… It doesn’t take weeks of on-learning and months of studying to be a great project manager. In fact, in you think about – you probably already manage projects.
- A holiday family dinner
- Your last vacation
- Transitioning your eldest from middle school to high school
- Getting the garden ready after a long winter
- Remodeling the living room
ALL of these are projects! There is a goal. There are a variety of milestones along the way. There is an end date. And – you need help and support from a variety of people who have different and/or competing priorities.
You CAN manage projects. And it won’t take a complex system or set of rigid rules for you to be successful. At this interactive and practical workshop you’ll bring one of your own projects and use it to:
· Learn the phases of a project
· Recognize that projects are as much about people as they are about process
· Identify and apply simple tools to support project planning and execution
· Discover facilitative techniques to ensure team alignment
· Uncover the secrets of keeping the project scope and timeline on track
This double-dipping learning methodology allows participants to learn and set up a real work project for success at the same time! Most Reluctant Project Manager participants leave the workshop confident and fully prepared to facilitate their kick-off meetings. And, graduates have the benefit of two follow-up coaching sessions with their facilitator (a project management guru) to provide additional guidance as their projects progress.