How do become a memorable leader and in a positive way? This is a great question especially when looking at engagement data and the connection to your leadership. Some tactics you can use to truly be memorable (in a good way).
- Create Meaning be clear on the organization/function purpose and connect this to the passion of each employee.
- Know them as a person and be empathetic. Show care and compassion to your team, provide recognition tailored to what the employee prefers and show respect.
- Communicate clearly and often. Ensure that people know outcomes of decisions, timelines, vision, the “why” and ensure understanding.
- Build vision connection. We all desire out teams to provide discretionary effort, the more we connect the dots for people around the vision, they more they will buy in and drive that way.
- Create urgency. With a balance of fun and execution you can create a desire to win and team. The key is pushing at the right time AND in the right way to not create excess anxiety.
- Be Accountable. Being personally accountable, owning your errors and be humble.
- Hold Accountable. Having difficult conversations may seem counter to being memorable. When you are fair, consistent and have difficult conversations, people will remember that you pushed them and didn’t let them off the hook.
Using these 7 methods can boost engagement, build leadership capacity and an overall positive impact to your team. Try them and reflect on how you are doing…then keep getting better.